Friday 5 November 2010

The 'Raging Silence'...

Dear Friends
We discussed a beautiful concept this morning entitled 'Hidden Curriculum' in my weekly PGCLTHE  class which is the other knowledge that is unwittingly transmitted to students such as educator attitude and demeanour which is equally as important as the formal curriculum. Since I have become an educator I have become even more fascinated in people to people encounters and we must admit that we 'say' more than we speak.
This got me thinking about  one of the names of Allah namely Al Batin - THE HIDDEN. This attribute of Allah has been associated with hidden or esoteric knowledge and Allah operating behind the scenes.
I personally feel that Al Batin is similar to the pedagogical concept above but it is more conscious such as a smile which is a form of charity in Islam. And Masters of Wisdom such as The Sufis are experts at instructing even in silence…
A toast to the raging silence…

Rishi Faisal

No comments:

Post a Comment