Thursday 30 September 2010

Teaching / Inspiring change ...

Dear Friends
The American sage William Arthur Ward stated that:
''The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.''
How do we inspire?  How do we access the Ruminesque 'fountain within yourself'?
Part of the solution is that educators must see their roles as a 'vocation'…A calling…I read some where that if you scratch the surface of a good teacher who will find a moral imperative to become an agent for change.
I personally find it exhilarating and terrifying that my student's future destinies are in my hands. Thus I take to my role with humility and humour for really I am the student.
Muhammed (pbuh) uttered 1,400 hundred years ago:
'From cradle to grave seek knowledge'…
Rishi Faisal

No comments:

Post a Comment