Monday 6 December 2010

Simplicity...

Dear Friends
I was unable to access my computer / the internet due to the big freeze in England last week. I vividly remember being momentarily shell-shocked when I discovered that I could not make it to work as all direct trains had been cancelled.
I attempted to travel via another city but thankfully my Subject Group Leader called to inform me that teaching had been suspended and I should go home.
Routines are good and ensure stability however they can dampen vitality and creativity. Thus I used this A.O.G (Act of God) to re-connect more deeply with my baby daughter and spouse.
To really enjoy the company of a baby you have to transform into a baby which I found deeply rewarding. Everything is about smiling and giggling! It was good to catch up with my wife and discuss our hopes and dreams. She found my 'pottering around OK! I also found simple things as sleeping deeply rewarding…
As the great Albert Einstein remarked:
Everything should be made as simple as possible, not simpler'.
“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; from discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”

Ciao

Faisal

No comments:

Post a Comment