Saturday 21 May 2011

The 3 R's...

Dear Friends
This is my kind of faith:
‘’Catholic: In order to become a new self according to God's wish, one has to go through transformation through reflection, reconciliation and reform.’’

In Islam the 3 R’s namely reflection, reconciliation, and reform are supplied in abundance through the practice of Sufism...This spiritual alchemy is best described by Rumi who says:

I died as a mineral and became a plant;
I died as a plant and rose to animal;
I died as animal and I was a man.
Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?
Yet once more I shall die as man to soar
With angels blest. But even from an angel
I must pass on: all except God must perish.
When I have sacrificed my angel soul,
I shall become what no mind ever conceived.

Die before you die...That is the challenge and reward of Sufism...

Salaam

Faisal

No comments:

Post a Comment