Tuesday 4 January 2011

Resurrection...

Dear Friends
Last week I attended a Muslim funeral which was a sombre yet moving event. I deeply love communal Islam especially during births, deaths, and marriages. Muslims will put aside their differences and celebrate or offer their unconditional support especially during a funeral. It is a great opportunity to reconnect with long lost friends and relatives.

As the body was being lowered I felt a chill in my soul. Is this it? I pondered. However I experienced a lovely epiphany. Yes this is it but the deceased will resurrect in the hearts of loved ones…Inshallah.

My late Murshid remarked during the end of his earthly career that after his death he would become closer to his students as the confines of the body would be obliterated and the soul is free to taste eternity…

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un…'Surely we belong to Allah and to Him shall we return'."


Salaam
Faisal

No comments:

Post a Comment