Friday 5 August 2011

'Coffee with Allah'...


Dear Friends

The global Muslim community is well into Ramadan or the month of fasting which is dictated by the lunar calendar. We poor Muslims living in the Western hemisphere are opening our fasts around 9pm!


It’s tough but deeply rewarding. The first sip of juice and a date are really life affirming and one has to be careful to avoid over indulgence. Fortunately I have the most of Ramadan off and consequently I am spending my time reading, reflecting, writing and sleeping!


I am hoping to my start ‘Coffee with Allah’ sessions where I sit in silence in the early hours, sip coffee and listen to my heart...


"We will show them Our signs in the universe and within their own beings until it will become manifest to them that it is the truth." (41:53)


Slm

Faisal 

No comments:

Post a Comment