Wednesday 2 March 2011

From homeless to Harvard...

Dear Friends

Sometimes I wonder why God tests so much. After all what difference is it going to make to his greatness?

A clue can be found in the concept of 'Resilience' which is the positive capacity of people to cope with stress and adversity. This coping may result in the individual “bouncing back” to a previous state of normal functioning, or using the experience of exposure to adversity to produce a “steeling effect” and function better than expected (much like an inoculation gives one the capacity to cope well with future exposure to disease).

Below is a link to a kick ass example of resilience…Simply inspiring:

From homeless to Harvard: graduate sets sight on success:


Finally I am reminded of the following:
“I asked God for strength that I might achieve.
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy.
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.”


The only easy day was yesterday.
(Navy Seals)

Ciao

Faisal

No comments:

Post a Comment